Thursday, January 25, 2007

FLOYD SENIOR SPEAKS



In an exclusive interview Wednesday, Floyd Mayweather Sr. told The Fight Network that he’s ready top move on after learning that he will not be retained as trainer by WBC Jr. Middleweight champion Oscar De la Hoya for his May 5th mega fight against Floyd Sr.’s son WBC Welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr.

“He can do what ever he wants. Oscar’s a grown man. It’s his money. It’s his chance to take,” said Mayweather, who insisted on nothing less than $2 million dollars to train Oscar.

“I’m sticking to my guns. My guns are stuck like they’re glued in the holster. I’m going on with my life.”

“They’re not getting me for kibbles and bits. He’s my son. When Oscar’s done with the fight, he can walk away as if nothing’s happened. But at the end of the day, Floyd’s my son, and I’m only going to do the right thing, and that’s not for kibbles and bits.”

“I made (De la Hoya) champion three times, I’ll do the same for someone else.”

(Read More)

No comments: