Sunday, January 21, 2007

Hatton-Castillo is on for June!

At Saturday's postfight press conference, promoters Bob Arum, Art Pelullo and Dennis Hobson announced that an agreement had been reached for Ricky Hatton to face Jose Luis Castillo some time in June at the Thomas and Mack Center in Las Vegas. Hatton said he looks forward to the fight and that "it will be an honor to share the ring with a fighter like Castillo who has been in so many great fights." He added "this ain’t going to be a tickling contest, and if you want to watch a chess match, tune in to the Floyd Mayweather-De La Hoya fight. But if you want to watch two blokes knock the sh*t out of each other, watch me and Castillo." Arum said he wanted to place a side bet with Hatton’s promoters. The bet? That more Mexicans will turn up than Brits for the fight. To this Hobson replied, "Yeah to support Ricky, the white Mexican." (More)

No comments: