Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The Hurricane Talks to ADCC News Days Before His UFC Debut



It would be too cliché to say that John Halverson’s next fight means “all or nothing” but that’s exactly it – all or nothing. With the event title the same as the cliché, the Hurricane makes his UFC debut on Saturday, February 3, 2007 live from the Mandalay Bay Events Center at UFC 67. The fight means “all” to Havlerson because a victory here stamps his ticket to a lengthy and prosperous road in the UFC. A loss and it could possibly be “nothing” with another UFC opportunity lost for good. So what will it be? Here’s what Halverson had to say in his biggest fight of his career.

ADCC: John talk about your training methods and if there’s anything special you’re doing for your UFC debut. JOHN: I have really been focusing on my cardio and conditioning. I am doing a ton of runs and sprints as well as conditioning drills. It's really helped me overall to develop my game. I have more stamina and strength than ever.

ADCC: Your background primarily seems to be in and boxing and in kickboxing. But you now currently train with three time National Wrestling Champion, Anthony Porcelli at the Des Moines MMA Academy . Do you feel as of right now, you are the most complete fighter you have ever been? JOHN: Absolutely. Anthony is such an accomplished wrestler and he brings a ton of his experience and applies it to the MMA world. Yes, I come from a boxing background, but I feel at this point I am very well rounded. I have been training in wrestling and submissions for the past five years in addition to my boxing and kickboxing. Most of all, Anthony has a great work ethic, and he really pushes everyone to get better with each practice.

(Read More)

No comments: