Saturday, January 20, 2007

LINDLAND LOOKS FORWARD TO FEDOR FIGHT



LINDLAND LOOKS FORWARD TO FEDOR FIGHT

“All that's left is [to put] pen to paper,” said Matt Lindland. He expects that to happen sometime later today, and then his agreed upon bout with Fedor Emelianenko, the #1 ranked heavyweight fighter in the world, becomes a concrete reality.

Besides being ranked the #1 middleweight fighter in the world, Lindland also confirmed that, “Yes, I am crazy. That’s why I got into this sport, but I don't make a habit of taking fights I don't feel I can win.”

“I want to fight the best guys out there. I always have,” he continued. “I appreciate Bodog for giving me the opportunity to fight the best. Some promoters just want to promote their guys and are afraid to sign the best because they may beat their guys, so I found a promotion that believes in me and my abilities.”

Lindland did say that it’s a little early to talk strategy for the fight, as he does have another challenge in front of him before he heads to St. Petersburg, Russia. “I am going to focus on my fight February 2nd in the IFL against Carlos Newton. I certainly don't want to overlook him. He is a very talented and athletic fighter. That is my focus right now. When I get through this fight, I will focus on a game plan for Fedor.”

When the ink does go down on the contract later today, Lindland will be looking forward to a lengthy relationship with BodogFight and many large, home-cooked meals. “I am fighting heavyweight for Bodog,” stated Lindland. “They have committed three heavyweight fights to me and I have committed three heavyweight fights to them. I am super-excited about this great opportunity.”

No comments: