Thursday, January 25, 2007

Pre-UFN Interview: Jake O'Brien



Justin Bolduc - Nokaut.com

Nokaut.com: A couple weeks before your fight with Heath Herring, how are you feeling?

Jake O’Brien: Good, I feel real good. Training has gone real well. I’ve been in Big Bear for the first three weeks getting ready. Then I came back here to Indianapolis, we’ve got a real good group of guys out here. It’s the best it has ever been, we have a new gym and it’s going really well.

Nokaut: On January 25th you’ll be fighting someone who has pretty much fought everybody… what do you know about him and what have you done to prepare for him?

JO: I’ve watched a lot of his tapes and seen a lot of his fights in PRIDE. I’m trying to prepare for his kicks; those are probably his main weapon from what I have seen. So blocking his kicks and working my offense off of when he kicks- setting up my shots and punches from his kicks.

Nokaut: How do you expect the fight to go?

JO: With him and the way he is, I know it is going to be a long, tough fight. I don’t expect it to be a short, quick one. Either way, win or lose, I know it is going to be a long, tough fight. I know to beat him I’ll have to wear him down and just stay after him the whole time.

Nokaut: Another new addition to the UFC is Mirko “Cro Cop”. What are your thoughts on him joining the UFC and is he somebody you would like to fight?

JO: Definitely, like everybody is saying he is the best in the UFC now. I don’t think there is anyone out there that is better than him. I’d like the challenge but I would like to get a few more fights under my belt and more experience before I fight him… but in the future he is probably going to be the champion, so he is definitely somebody I would like to fight.

(Read More)

No comments: