Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rashad Evans talks Ultimate Fight Night



This Thursday UFC Ultimate Fight Night 8 takes place headlined by Rashad Evans taking on Sean Salmon. Rashad is coming off a win over Jason Lambert in UFC 63 in September and is still undefeated in MMA. He lives in Michigan but trains at Team Jackson’s in Albuquerque, New Mexico with the likes of Diego Sanchez, Keith Jardine, Nate Marquardt, Joey Villasenor, and many more.

KM: How do you feel about returning to the UFC and facing your opponent? RE: I feel good about it. I finally get to headline a show and that is always a good thing. It shows you have some fans out there and UFC respects you.

KM: Isn’t this your first headline show even outside the UFC? RE: Yeah.

KM: This is the highlight to your career here. Is that at all a distraction? RE: I haven’t thought of it like that until you said that. I’m excited but at the same time you have to put it in perspective that this is just another fight. I have to go out there and compete to the best of my ability and put on a good show.

KM: What do you know about your opponent Sean Salmon? RE: Not a whole lot. I know he went to Ohio State and I have some film on him but that is about it.

(Read More)

No comments: