Monday, January 22, 2007

Reflections and Notes From IFL Oakland




There are a few very interesting things that I have learned from being around Ken Shamrock. One is that fans everywhere, without communicating with one another beforehand, all believe that they are the first to think of chanting “Tito!” whenever they see him at events.

Another is that Ken, much to the fans’ disappointment, doesn’t really seem to mind that.

When asked about the group of obviously intoxicated fans who shouted this at him during his team’s win over his brother Frank’s Razorclaws, Ken Shamrock said something that genuinely surprised me.

“You guys don’t know me. You think you do because you’ve seen me on TV, but you don’t,” he said. “When I’m at home with my family I’m a different guy. When I’m out here to do a job, part of that job is entertainment and making the fans feel comfortable, like they’re a part of what’s going on.”

(Read More)

1 comment:

Brad Marshall said...

Reading that IFL report really gets me more interested in the IFL.