Friday, February 16, 2007

The ‘Count’down with Michael Bisping


By: Michael "The Count" Bisping

ANARCHY IN THE UK
The rumours are true: the UFC is back in Britain and in a massive way by the sounds of Wednesday's release, and obviously, I'm very excited that the UFC is going to be in Manchester, England on April 21 at the MEN Arena.

And, as the locals in Manchester say, they will be "mad for it" when the UFC hits town and I'm confident that my fellow Brits will create an atmosphere to match any in UFC history on the night.

Dana White has said that I am going to be a 'poster boy' for the UFC in Great Britain and, although I'm not all that sure what a poster boy actually does, I'm very honoured and flattered the UFC thinks so highly of me.

At the time of writing this I'm currently waiting for absolute, final confirmation that I'll be fighting on the card - and more importantly who I will be fighting - but I am already in training and cannot wait.

Seriously, to be part of a UFC card in my own country will be a dream come true -another dream come true in what has been a fantastic year or so for me.

The last time the UFC was in the UK was in July 2002. Back then I hadn't even begun training MMA - if you'd have asked at the time I'd have guessed "pulling guard" was holding your hands in front of your face - but five years later I'm going to be a big part of it.

It's crazy, really.

(Read More)

No comments: