Saturday, February 17, 2007

A day – and exclusive interview – with Georges ‘Rush’ St. Pierre



Jesse Holland (UFCmania): Congratulations on not only winning the 170lb title, but also defeating B.J. Penn and Matt Hughes in the process. Is the pressure off now that you’re champ?
GSP: No, I feel more pressure now that I am champion. I have the entire 170lb division gunning for me and I must defend my title.

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): There have been some exciting additions to the UFC roster recently with the signings of Anderson Silva and Mirko Cro Cop. Is there a particular fighter that you would like to face who may be under contract for another organization? Any particular fighter you would like the UFC to pursue?
GSP: It is hard to say, for me I am open to any and all challengers. There really isn’t one fighter who comes to mind because I see all fighters equally. We have so many talented fighters in the UFC I think I will be busy for a while.

Jesse Holland (UFCmania): You’ve had two injuries in the past year that kept you from competing. Were these injuries a result of your training intensity or do you consider them to be accidents?
GSP: First of all I would like to say that I am 100% and ready to fight. Both injuries were unfortunate accidents. I went for a double-leg and I slipped. It happens but it was not a result of how I train.

(Read More)

No comments: