Thursday, February 1, 2007

Interview: Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga


Gabriel "Napao" Gonzaga Talks about his UFC possibilities in 2007

DENIS MARTINS: Carmelo Marrero was undefeated until he fought you at UFC 66 in December. Do you think he was too relaxed?

GABRIEL “NAPÃO” GONZAGA: Marrero is a very tough guy and he proved that in his prior matches. In the interviews he provided, he said he had had a very good preparation and he hoped to keep himself undefeated. I am sure that he prepared himself a lot and he was not relaxed. He was taking the fight serious like I did. I really have extraordinary training and everything worked.

DENIS MARTINS: You dominated the fight on the feet and on the ground. Do you think this was the most perfect fight you ever had?

GABRIEL “NAPÃO” GONZAGA: I think so. I am perfecting my game day after day, because I want to be on the top of the heavyweight category. I need to train a lot of stand-up and a lot of ground game and this is what I do. I already fought other good matches, but no doubt against Marrero, I had no problems and this fight gave me more recognition.

(Read More)

No comments: