Sunday, February 18, 2007

Interview: Jon Fitch



UFCmania.com: What’s up Jon, let’s start out with the nose that was broken against Hironaka at UFC 64. Is it all healed and are you cleared to fight at UFC 68?
Jon Fitch: The nose is good. I’ll visit with an ENT guy this upcoming Tuesday (February 20) for clearance to get licensed for my next fight.

UFCmania.com: So you will get cleared?
Jon Fitch: Yeah, I’ve been overly protective with it in training. It’s good. I didn’t want any problems getting cleared so there won’t be any problems.

UFCmania.com: There wasn’t surgery correct, it wasn’t like a Rich Franklin break?
Jon Fitch: Nah, it was just a fracture. It didn’t block anything or wasn’t bad enough that it needed to be reset. In fact, he [Hironaka] kind of helped me out. I had only about 75 percent of full breathing out of my left nostril since the last time I broke my nose. After he broke it, the nose popped over so it’s back up to about 90 percent or something.

(Read More)

No comments: