Tuesday, February 13, 2007

LINDLAND VS. FEDOR SET FOR APRIL 14



BodogFight announced today that the bout between the MMAWeekly.com #1 ranked heavyweight fighter in the world, Fedor Emelianenko, and the #1 ranked middleweight, Matt Lindland, is set to take place on Saturday, April 14 from the ICE Palace in St. Petersburg, Russia. Though the bout was previously announced, the date had still been unspecified prior to today.



Lindland told MMAWeekly about a month ago, “Yes, I am crazy. That’s why I got into this sport, but I don't make a habit of taking fights I don't feel I can win,” when asked why he would move up to heavyweight to challenge Fedor.

“I want to fight the best guys out there. I always have,” he continued. “I appreciate Bodog for giving me the opportunity to fight the best. Some promoters just want to promote their guys and are afraid to sign the best because they may beat their guys, so I found a promotion that believes in me and my abilities.”

“BodogFight: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Lindland, Clash of the Nations" is scheduled to air in the United States on an 8-hour tape delay from Russia on April 14, 2007 at 9:00 pm EST. The pay-per-view is currently set to air on InDemand, but other outlets may be added in the near future.

(Read More)

No comments: