Thursday, February 8, 2007

Lovemore Ndou speaks out!



"The IBF has told Ricky Hatton and his promoter Denis Hobson that I get the next shot," says IBF mandatory challenger Lovemore Ndou. "Before my fight on Sunday, Mr Hobson told IBF President Marian Muhammad that he would face the winner next. Most people in the boxing world already know that Hatton is going to fight Jose Luis Castillo next in June. Dennis Hobson has even admitted that in the English newspapers. If Ricky Hatton wants to keep his IBF title, then he must face me now. Ricky Hatton has to remember that he got his first chance at the IBF world title when Kostya Tszyu defended against him as the IBF #1 contender. What would Ricky and his fans have thought if Kostya had refused to face him? Now that Hatton is the IBF world champion, he must defend against the IBF #1 contender, just like Kostya did."

"When I lost to [Junior] Witter, I took that fight on less than 10 days notice. I had to fly from Sydney to Los Angeles and even then the fight was very close and went the distance. The same thing happened when I fought Miguel Cotto and Sharmba Mitchell in the USA on less than two weeks notice and I lost close points decisions. As I said before my fight with Rabah, give Lovemore Ndou a proper preparation and I will beat any super lightweight boxer on the planet! Not only will I face Ricky Hatton and Junior Witter, I will give them the whipping of their lives. If Jose Luis Castillo beats Hatton in June, I will face him and beat him too."

No comments: