Monday, February 12, 2007

Martin Kampmann Talks McFedries Fight & a Possible Drop to 170bs



Martin Kampmann hasn't lost a fight since 2004 which includes two straight victories in the UFC. After defeating Crafton Wallace by rear-naked-choke in the first round of their fight at UFC's Ultimate Fight Night Six, Kampmann followed it up with an unanimous decision victory over UFC newcomer, Thales Leties. Now Kampmann has his eyes set on Pat Miletich fighter Drew McFedries. At UFC 65: 'Bad Intentions', McFedries surprised many when he took a fight on short notice and earned a TKO victory over Alessio Sakara. Find out what Kampmann thinks of McFedries and how he feels Randy Couture will do against Tim Sylvia . Here is the ADCC News Q and A.

ADCC: Martin let’s talk about your last UFC fight with Thales Leties at the Ultimate Fighter Four Finale in November. Were you surprised that he didn't’t go down from all the strikes you landed? MARTIN: Well he did go down once (laughs). But he just kept coming, he was definitely tough. It was a tough fight. He took a lot of punishment. But I was tired in the end too, with not much power left.

ADCC: It seemed as though you were getting exhausted near the end of the third round. Was that more out of frustration or were you winded from striking? MARTIN: I was definitely winded. He knocked me down in the first round and that takes some out of the tank. I had worked so much on getting up from the ground and my take down defense for the fight. I didn't really get my stand up sharp. He caught me too many times, I learned a lot from that fight.

(Read More)

No comments: