Wednesday, February 14, 2007

“Pele” fights in bodogFIGHT



Jose “Pele” Landi-Jons is scheduled to fight in the next bodogFIGHT edition in Costa Rica. His opponent will be Phil Norman.

"All I know about him is he has a few fights, and he is undefeated,” “Pele” told Sherdog about the Brit. Holding a three-fight contract with the organization, the Brazilian will fight at 170 pounds because he feels more agile and won’t need to cut a lot of weight.

The training sessions are difficult, he said.

“I’m well prepared and I’m just fixing what is going wrong.”

Living in Canada, the veteran fighter has trained for some weeks in Europe, where he was elevated to the rank of BJJ black belt. To the fans, he promises he will be determined in the ring.

"Guys, a big hug for you all,” he said. “To my fans who are always cheering for me, you can be sure that in my chest is beating a brave samurai heart. I’m a man who doesn’t walk away from the fight, because fighting is my life.”

No comments: