Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Full-Time Fighter: Sean Salmon’s Back in Action


By Sean Salmon

I am very happy to start this blog with good news: I resumed my training this afternoon and was further along than I expected.

As a lot of you know, I will be cornering Rex Holman in his fight vs. Matt Hamill on the March 3rd UFC 68 card, and untill today, I have been on the sidelines coaching. So getting back on the mat today (even though I did not push myself real hard) was a great relief. I am one of those fighters that trains even if I don’t have a fight scheduled. If I don’t sweat and test my body on a regular basis, I don’t feel like myself.

It is nice to be normal again.

I only did some light standup, went a little harder on the ground, and finished with pushups and situps, but it was really nice to be doing something. My weight was also lighter than normal today, so that is something that I will be monitoring a lot more closely to see if going down to 185 is a good idea. However, I will say that I don’t think I lost that fight with Rashad Evans because I was in the wrong weight class.

(Read More)

No comments: