Friday, February 2, 2007

RAMPAGE’S RAP: THE WELCOME VIBE


By Quinton “Rampage” Jackson

I climb into the UFC’s Octagon tomorrow night. A few words on how I got here.

Two months ago, I was still fighting for the World Fighting Alliance, and I didn’t know what was going on.

Oh man, I hadn’t fought in five or six months. I had a lot of bills to pay; I got lots of kids to feed. The WFA, it was hard for to me get a lot of sponsors, get a lot of pennies, ‘cause in the end, it was on the backburner because nobody knew what the hell it was. But, you know what? God works in mysterious ways. Everything worked out for the best.

Dana White called me and told me not to worry, that I’d have a good Christmas. My three boys were happy ‘cause they got some bicycles and a bunch of toys, an ice hockey machine.

I was now a UFC fighter, walking around Las Vegas, taking in the vibe. You could feel the vibe, the welcoming vibe. There wasn’t any of that “What the hell are you doing here” or “Get the hell out of here or I’m gonna knock you out.” I liked it.

(Read More)

No comments: