Saturday, February 10, 2007

RENZO GRACIE, "I WAS BORN READY!"



Renzo Gracie is one of the greatest ambassadors in mixed martial arts and tonight he looks to conquer the always boisterous Frank Shamrock. Elite XC is making their mark in MMA by having the first event ever on Showtime.

The bout was in doubt at one point when Strikeforce filed a suit against Frank Shamrock for breach of contract. Nevertheless, Strikeforce and EliteXC were able to come to terms and the fight is on. Renzo wasn't worried anyway. “I knew if Frank wasn't able to fight, I would fight him in the future. I knew they would find me a replacement and that I would fight.”

Renzo is riding a two fight win streak over Carlos Newton and Pat Miletich, but is he ready for Frank Shamrock? “I was born ready from day one, let me tell you,” said Gracie recently on MMAWeekly Radio. There has been speculation about animosity between the Shamrock and Gracie family that stems back to Ken Shamrock vs. Royce Gracie back at UFC 1. Renzo dismisses any of those rumors. In fact, he has nothing but praise when speaking of the Shamrock family. “In reality, I have no bad feelings toward no Shamrock. I have nothing but admiration for them.”

(Read More)

No comments: