Tuesday, February 13, 2007

THIAGO TAVARES SIGNED TO FIGHT UFC



Undefeated lightweight Thiago Tavares recently signed with the UFC. The Brazilian prospect will make his Octagon debut against ZST and Rings veteran Naoyuki Kotani in April at the UFC Fight Night in Las Vegas, Nev. Holding a black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Judo, the Florianopolis, Brazil resident looks to make an impact in the UFC’s constantly growing lightweight division.

Training with Thiago Goncalves, Alexandre Izidro, Sahin Yakut and under the tutelage of his coach Murilo Rupp, Thiago is preparing for one of the most important fights of his career. “My training is going well,” said the 22-year old fighter. “I’ve been focusing on my Muay Thai and boxing.”

Tavares found out three weeks ago that his opponent will be Naoyuki Kotani. “My opponent is very experienced. He has 26 fights under his belt and has fought against many top guys in this weight division. He is very good on the ground and has good submissions. I will try to keep the fight standing; I’m going for a knock-out,” commented the Ataque Duplo Team fighter. Thiago’s fight in April will be the first of a three-fight contract.

“For me, to fight in UFC is my dream. I have dreamed about this for 10 years. Now I have one chance and I will take advantage of this opportunity. I will do whatever it takes to win. With faith in God, I will show everybody who Thiago Tavares is.”

No comments: