Thursday, March 15, 2007

Barnett won't fight at Pride 34



I'm not sure what's going on with Pride. The latest in the line of bad news is that heavyweight contender Josh Barnett won't be fighting at Pride 34 on April 7 (or 8th, depending where you live) even though he's willing to take a fight on short notice.

Here's what Josh said in a recent MySpace post:

"There are some rumors thaty I will be fighting on the next PRIDE show, April 8th. Well I wish I could say there was much truth to it but at this point it doesn't look very likely at all.

"I had been training on a schedule to fight on the now canceled April 28th show and was contacted about now fighting on the 8th. Even though this would cut my time to train significantly I was still receptive planned to fight anyway. But at this point PRIDE has been unwilling or unable to make a match happen. We have yet to make any headway in booking a match and ,to me, it seems as though they are not even trying.

"So for all that were expecting me to fight I am sorry to say that at this point, it is not happening. I know some fans in Japan already bought some tickets and I am sorry for that.

"I hope to be fighting again in the near future, but as for when, I can't say."

Not cool.

(Source)

No comments: