Friday, March 2, 2007

A message for the fans from Minotouro



In a message published on the Brazilian Top Team site, Rogério Minotouro Nogueira spoke about his surprise defeat to the Frenchman Sokondjou, which took place last Saturday, during Pride 33, in Las Vegas. Here is what he said:

“First and foremost, I would like to thank the fans that posted messages of support for me on the forums, and that sent emails to the BTT’s official site and my personal website. I am at a loss for words to show how grateful I am to you. I am also at a loss to express how happy I am in knowing I have fans that are always on my side, like you.

I was knocked out in less than a minute in my last fight and there are no excuses to justify the loss. I tried to go after Rameau Thierry Sokodjou after that kick and he ended up getting me in full with that left hook.

We have seen many champions losing in such a way, and even though I was not the Pride champion, this type of situation could occur. Wanderlei was knocked out in his fight
I will be returning to Brazil next Monday and I will return to my routine of training to compete in Pride on the 28th of April. I do not yet know the name of my opponent, but I will be in Pride’s ring at full strength to come back.

Henderson is the champion now, so I will focus on him. I already submitted him in a good fight and know he is a tough athlete. However, he has what I want, the Pride middleweight belt.

As for Sokoudjou, of course I want revenge, and I believe we will face each other again soon…”

No comments: