Thursday, March 22, 2007

Yoshida Dojo says "VIVA JUDO!"



Earlier this week, PRIDE fighters Hidehiko Yoshida, Makoto Takimoto, and Kazuhiro Nakamura took the time to coach a group of potential superstars of tomorrow at the VIVA JUDO! seminar for kids. Held in the city of Chiba, Japan, this was the 22nd installment in a series of open-to-the-public judo workouts designed to introduce the sport to young children. Roughly 50 kids were in attendance.

When asked about an opponent for his return to the ring, Yoshida commented, "I have resumed my training starting this month, and I've been training like usual. I'm hopeful to fight in May. I need to rebuild my body first."



In response to the idea of a rematch against James Thompson, who bested the veteran judoka at PRIDE Shockwave 2006, Yoshida said, "I hope to have a rematch against everyone I've lost to, not only Thompson. I always think about avenging those losses."

Takimoto, one of Yoshida's newest protégés, spoke briefly about his upcoming fight against Zelg "Benkei" Galesic at PRIDE.34 "KAMIKAZE."

"I haven't really studied my opponent. I'm leaving it in the hands of my coach. I really don't have any strategies. Since he's big though, I'll try to be cautious of the timing and his long reach."

PRIDE

No comments: