Monday, April 2, 2007

Ray Mercer Responds to Kimbo in Interview



Former Heavyweight World Champion Ray Mercer gives an exclusive interview to touchgloves.com and speaks about his upcoming fight with Kimbo Slice.

Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 2, 2007 -- Former Olympic Gold Medalist and Heavyweight Champion Ray Mercer sat down with touchgloves.com for an exclusive interview regarding his upcoming fight with Kimbo Slice. Mercer speaks about his reasoning behind the fight, Kimbo's weaknesses and his future as a fighter.

Mercer has previously faced Evander Holyfield, Lennox Lewis, Larry Holmes, Wladamir Klithscho and most recently current Heavyweight Champion Shannon Briggs. Mercer also has two separate Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) bouts under his belt. Slice, an underground street fighter who has gained fame through a series of street fights released throughout the internet is often shown in bare-knuckle fights that all have mostly ended in knock-outs.

Here is a clip of the interview:

What do you think of the past fights you've seen of Kimbo?
He's a street fighter. I've had some street fights of my own, where you come in hard, throwing hooks, throwing punches that don't even have a name. I feel as a professional boxer, an Olympic Gold Medalist, and former World Champion, that I can adjust to whatever I need to do. I have good people in my corner. I'm going to have everything I need to get in there and win. I took the fight because I think I can win.

What do you think are his biggest weaknesses?
He doesn't know how to box. That's what I think his biggest weakness is, he doesn't know how to box.

The fight takes place on June 16th at the Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and the New Jersey Athletic Control Board Rules for MMA will apply.

Click here to read the entire touchgloves.com interview with Ray Mercer.

No comments: