Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Holyfield: I don't use steroids!



Four-time world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield has released the following response to allegations linking him to a steroid investigation: “I do not use steroids. I have never used steroids. I resent that my name has been linked to known steroid users by sources who refuse to be identified in order to generate publicity for their investigation.

I’m disappointed that certain members of the media fell for this ploy and chose to use my name in headlines and publish my photo alongside stories in today’s newspaper about an investigation into a practice that has nothing to do with me or what I stand for.”

The Albany Times Union newspaper reported that a New York state grand jury investigation into Internet drug sales supposedly uncovered that Holyfield allegedly ordered unspecified products under the name "Evan Fields" from an online company, whose owners have been indicted.


No comments: