Friday, February 9, 2007

Jon Fitch: 'I feel as though I have been demoted'



On Saturday, March 3, 2007 live from the Nationwide Arena in Columbus , Ohio, American Kickboxing member Jon Fitch will try to improve his undefeated UFC record and solidify his quest for UFC Welterweight Title contention. In his last fight, Fitch was victorious in a gritty battle with upcoming Japanese fighter Kuniyoshi Hironaka.

It was the first time in Fitch’s young UFC career that he was featured as a main card about in a UFC pay-per-view event. However, when Fitch steps into the Octagon on March 3, he will participate in his fourth UFC preliminary bout – a role he is too familiar with. But Fitch knows in order to get on the main card, he has to win and win in impressive fashion and that’s just what he hopes to do against American Top Team’s Luigi Fioravanti. Here is what Fitch told ADCC News.

ADCC: You're fight with Kuniyoshi Hironaka was an all out war. Describe the fight and what can you say about the toughness of Hironaka?
JON: He was very tough. Usually during the course of a fight I hear my opponent wince or grunt or make some sort of noise when I punch and elbow them. Hironaka did not make a peep. He didn't react hardly at all to anything. It was like hitting a heavy bag. I do think I could have finished him if I had not wasted the first part of the first round in his triangle.

(Read More)

No comments: