Friday, February 2, 2007

A UFC debut for 'Rampage' Jackson



The most devoted mixed-martial arts fans know what's coming Saturday night when Irvine's Quinton "Rampage" Jackson makes his Ultimate Fighting Championship debut.

"He's aggressive, powerful, and nobody slams like 'Rampage,' " UFC President Dana White said.

What Jackson, 28, also made clear over breakfast in downtown Los Angeles recently is that few fighters are capable of matching his humorous candor, either.

Describing his life as a black man in an upscale Irvine neighborhood, Jackson said: "I know some of my neighbors are racist. They've called the cops on me for having dogs. Another time, I was gone on a long trip, and came home to see my grass was dying. I started walking around my front yard, looking at the sprinklers. Minutes later, a cop was at my door and said a neighbor reported a suspicious man was looking into people's windows. That was me ... "

(Read More)

No comments: