Sunday, March 4, 2007

Nikolay Valuev Update!


By Alexey Sukachev

Congratulations to the WBA heavyweight champion Nikolay Valuev (46-0, 33 KOs) on becoming the two-time father. His wife Galina gave a birth to a girl, named Irina, in one of the St. Petersburg’s maternity hospitals.

Irina Valuev is the second child in the champ’s family with the first one, Grisha, being a 5-year old youngster. “That are the most fascinating emotions in my life,” said Nikolay. “I can’t describe with the words of how I’m feeling now. That’s unbelievable! I’m very happy that my baby came out to this realm between two training sessions.

Now I can go to Germany without any worries but with the strong confidence in myself and my family and totally concentrate on the upcoming bout.” Valuev will face WBA #1 ranked challenger and former compatriot Ruslan Chagaev (23-0-1, 17 KOs) in his mandatory defense on April 14 in Stuttgart, Germany.


No comments: