Thursday, March 1, 2007

Valimaki returns to UFC


By Andy Cotterill

The Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC) has confirmed that Victor Valimaki has agreed in principle to face Italian Alessio Sakara at UFC 70 on April 21 in Manchester, England. This will be Valimaki's second shot at the UFC, after losing his UFC debut via split decision to David Heath at UFC Fight Night 7.

Valimaki has strong words about the fight, saying, "I told everyone after I knocked out Jared Kilkenny that I was going to be back in the UFC. This time I will make the most of my opportunity.

"Sakara is going to find out first-hand why I'm the MFC champ. I've got the power to knock him out and I've definitely got the better ground game and ju-jitsu skills to submit him. There is no way he is going to take this second chance away from me."


No comments: