Monday, April 2, 2007

Fighter Blog: John Gunderson


By John Gunderson

First of all I never said, nor did I assume, that Mike C. was ducking Vernon White.

I simply stated that the Silverbacks are a tough team and they are replacing an injured team member with a very good fighter in Sam Hoger, instead of replacing Mike with a no-name guy. That shows they realize what an important match this is, and that’s all I was trying to point out.

I know that Mike was injured. The rest of the team knows it, too. But we also know how big this fight is going to be.

As for all of the comments Mike C. has made recently, I think that just shows what kind of a person he is. I highly respect his team and the Miletich camp. I could just imagine how he feels when someone says something negative about him.

At the same time, our team is ready to fight. We know we have a tough fight and we’re up for the challenge. I was never trying to play head games, nor am I scared of their lightweight. Bart is tough, but so are all the other fighters in the IFL. They wouldn’t be here if they weren’t.

In the future, I hope Mike C will get the facts straight and not act like he has. I believe he is a good fighter. Hopefully he believes it, too. If he does, maybe he won’t have to write about himself anymore and let other fighters’ interviews get the best of him.


No comments: