Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Public Training Exhibition - Shinya Aoki



PRIDE lightweight fighter promised to lay down the law at PRIDE.34 "KAMIKAZE," speaking recently about his upcoming fight with Brian Lo-A-Njoe. Aoki, who appeared at a public training exhibition at IMPACT, the official training center of the Japanese DEEP promotion worked as a police officer up until roughly a year ago, when he dedicated himself full-time to his MMA training.

"As a former police officer, it's my duty to arrest him. I'll bring him down with a technique that's similar to an arrest technique," Aoki commented.



When the subject of the PRIDE Lightweight Grand Prix tournament came up, Aoki addressed the concerns about whether he'll be ready in time to compete.

"People have pointed out that the interval between my bouts may be too short, but it doesn't matter to me. I'll secure a swift victory again this time, and gather momentum towards the event in May."

Regarding a potential match against a UFC lightweight, Aoki said, "I think I would eventually have to fight [against a UFC fighter]. But I stand on the PRIDE ring, because I sincerely love it. As the last PRIDE event under the current establishment, I hope to enjoy PRIDE.34 to the utmost."

Aoki will face Brian Lo-A-Njoe this Sunday, April 8, at PRIDE.34 "KAMIKAZE," held at the Saitama Super Arena.


No comments: