Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sean Salmon's "Fight Night" Diary



Hello Everyone, I want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read my blog from Florida this week. I hope that you have found it enjoying, as I enjoyed writing it and reading your comments. Thank you. I do plan on doing a blog tomorrow night after the fight, but I can’t promise. I don't know what is expected of me after the fight, as far as time commitment and where I need to be or what I need to be doing. However, if I don’t get to it tomorrow night, I will for sure get it done on Friday.

I woke up at 9 a.m. this morning because we had to check our weight with the UFC sometime between 9 and 11 a.m., so I wanted to get it done with early. I got down to the arena and weighed in at 213, seven pounds over (we get a one-pound allowance). Since I was eating and drinking like normal, I was fully hydrated, so seven pounds is easy to lose.

My brother/trainer Danny, brother Matt, cornerman BJ, and friend Jeremy went down to the spa to get started. I split time between the stationary bike and the sauna for about an hour and a half. I went back to the room and did some work on the focus mitts for about 15 minutes. I checked my weight and was down. The workout was a lot easier than normal since I had a camera crew following us around & I found them motivational.

We got to the arena for weigh-ins at around 3 p.m. We had to finish up some paper work with the Florida Athletic Commission, a quick physical, and a rules meeting from Big John McCarthy, and we were getting called to the scale. It was exciting to have fans show up for the weigh-ins.

(Read More)

No comments: