Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Matt Hughes Latest Blog Entry



Monday, February 05, 2007

I went to the UFC and had a great time. I was surprised at the outcome of the Anderson fight. I knew he would win, but I didn't think it would end like that. Went to my brother-in-law's for the Super Bowl when I got back from Vegas. All in all a good weekend.

Well, I believe I finally got some answers about the loss from the St. Pierre fight. I went into that fight mostly on faith and I believed that it was my destiny to win that fight. I now realize that it takes more than faith to do anything in this world. Faith is still #1, but it also takes #2 knowledge and #3 physical practice.
So, my mistakes were:

1. Knowledge - I should have watched more tape of Georges' fights and come up with a better gameplan instead of going out there and finding a way to win one way or the other.

2. Physical Practice - I think I should have gone in stronger and in better shape, even though it never went past the middle of the second round, I think I could have been in better shape.

My faith was very positive and I did believe, before the fight, that I was supposed to win. Maybe that's why I didn't put as much training into it as I could have. So, now I will begin training harder than I ever have before on the road to fighting Georges again.

Thanks to everyone for their support.

-Matt

(Matt's Blog)

No comments: