Monday, February 12, 2007

The Matt Hughes Report


Monday, February 12, 2007

Had a good time this weekend with my family, was somewhat busy with a camera crew and this and that, but all in all it was a great weekend.

Had been reading a book called The Edge, just a bunch of stories of successful people. Been reading about Dan Gable and he's got a great quote in here:

"When I lifted weights I didn't just lift to maintain my muscle tone. I lifted to increase what I already had and to push to a new limit. Every time I worked I was getting a little better. I kept moving that limit back and back. Every time I walked out of the gym, I was a little better than when I walked in."

I just think it's a great quote, it definitely fits the role of a professional athlete, but I just think it's a great life quote and it could be applied to anything.

Once again, I'll be training for my fight and try to stay healthy as the flu bug is floating around.

-Matt

www.matt-hughes.com

No comments: