Friday, February 9, 2007

Notes from the Elite XC press conference



FRANK SHAMROCK
“I am ready to do it. I am so proud to be part of this promotion. The professionalism and the hype surrounding this event is one of the best I have ever been around or seen. Renzo, if you choke me out on Saturday night, I will gladly go to sleep until Monday. But we both know that is not going to happen.’’

RENZO GRACIE
“The fans in attendance and watching on SHOWTIME are going to see a great fight. I am so happy to be part of this history-making event. Everything about it has been done first-class since day one. I have been around this sport a long time and to see it moving forward the way it should be is a great thrill for me.’’

GINA CARANO
“I am super excited to be part of this, and extremely proud to be part of the first women’s TV fight on SHOWTIME. Julie is a great fighter and this will be a great fight. We’re both fighters; I know we won’t disappoint. I want to thank everyone for their amazing support. I feel pressure but it is all positive.’’

CHARLES “KRAZY HORSE’’ BENNETT
“I fight for money, but I am going to break his (Noons’) jaw. He talks too much. If he thinks trash-talking me at a press conference is going to get under my skin, he is dreaming. He thinks he is going to go into boxing after this fight. He is going to the hospital after I break his jaw and shut him up for good.’’

WESLEY “CABBAGE’’ CORREIRA
“I am very pleased to be on this first-ever SHOWTIME EliteXC event. This should be a wonderful experience. If you like lots of loud bangs and falls, this is the fight for you. I really believe that our fight could steal the show and be the fight of the night.’’

DAVID LOISEAU
“I feel truly honored to be included on this show. This is really going to be a great fight and I know the fans are going to love every second of it. I have a lot of respect for my opponent, but I am in my best shape ever. I am very confident I will come out of the cage with a victory.’’

(Read More)

No comments: