Tuesday, March 13, 2007

UFC champ celebrates his success


By Gleidson Venga

Anderson Silva is one of the few fighters who won three title belts in three different MMA organizations. The reigning UFC middleweight, who also held Cage Rage and Shooto titles, is undefeated in three Octagon tilts.

And the Brazilian is currently celebrating his good fortune.

"God gave me talent and put the right people in my way," said Silva, whose record stands at 18-4. "In Shooto I won my first title and I beat Hayato Sakurai (Pictures). In Cage Rage the title came at the right time — the organization was growing up and I needed some exposure, which came to me with the title. UFC came to crown my career. I'm living the best moment in all my life."

Silva spoke about his popularity among American fans, promising that he is already training for his next bout.

"I think now the fans know me well, and I know they are supporting me more and more. I'm keeping my shape for the next fights. I'll be back soon."


No comments: